The SSCE postgraduate community provides opportunities for early career researchers with an interest in Christian moral reasoning. We welcome membership from students in Systematic / Practical Theology, Theological Ethics, Moral Philosophy, Biblical / Religious Studies, Sociology, and a variety of other disciplines. Our members’ projects include interdisciplinary studies in bioethics, disability, ecology, sex & gender, peacebuilding & conflict, politics & human rights. Our main points of connection and dialogue are:
- Postgraduate Conference (Spring, Locations Vary) – This annual event provides an opportunity for postgraduates to present work to their colleagues from across the UK, to receive feedback from experienced scholars in the field, and to interact with plenary lectures from senior SSCE members.
- Annual Conference (Autumn, Locations Vary) – In the midst of conference proceedings, we will have a special session particularly for postgraduates, in which experienced scholars treat practical career questions such as publishing, funding, and career trajectory.
- Members’ Email List and Social Media – Signing up to our members’ contact list and social media feeds will keep you up to date on a number of important matters, such as:
- Work and Funding Opportunities
- Forum and Conference Information
- Visiting Lecturers at Research Seminars across the UK
- Mentorship Opportunities
If you haven’t done so already, please sign up for membership at the following link. If you are a member, sign in to see the latest job postings, seminar schedules, and to connect with other scholars that share your research interests.